Advice - Take off front bumper cover BEFORE you go 4x4'ing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Just a tip for those going off road that haven't read the manual through. There is a cover under the front bumper that you can easily take off that expands the width of the bumper and hides the front recovery point.

Apparently, I didn't take mine off and lost it four days ago doing some off roading in the sand/dunes. I can tell because I took pictures four days ago and it was missing.

Today I went back out and ran over something back in the dunes and got out to make sure it wasn't a piece of metal. Turns out it was the cover I had lost 4 days ago, and it was basically intact. Yay! Very bizarre since there are so many trails back there I wasn't even familiar with the place I had originally lost it.

I imagine Land Rover would charge you a few hundred bucks to replace it so take it off before you go, apparently it's easy to lose off road.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Willie! I have noticed that mine is a little loose fitting. I would imagine that driving aggresivly in the sand would rip that thing right off.

I may have to look at aftermarket alternatives.

Rob

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's advisable to take front and rear covers off before you head out - mainly as it s a right bugger to take them off when knee deep in mud and crud.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA