After market stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiphanie

Reaction score
I have a 96 disco. I bought it used and it had a crappy cd player in it. Well I have decided to upgrade the cd player but I am having a terrible time getting it to work, does anyone know where i can get the diagram or have any hints on how to hook it up. I've hooked up plenty of stereos in different cars but this one is something else. Thanks In advance!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Tiphanie... shoot me an email and I will send you the 8 pages out of the repair manual that cover the radio.

joey4420 at gmail dot com obviously remove the spaces and change at to @ and dot to .

AlexDisco

Reaction score
It depends on your system (stock speakers or not). If just changing the headunit, the easiest thing would be to get a wire harness for LR of that year. You can get them many places like crutchfield.com.

audioclay

Reaction score
I just put a new kenwood with ipod, xm, and bluetooth in my 03... got the steering controls to work to. where are you with your setup? I can probably help. Let me know what head unit you have and if there is an amplifier under the drivers seat...

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just buy the wiring harness; that is what i plan to do when i get my in dash DVD reciever for my 98 Disco.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in how you got the controls to work, that is the main reason I haven't switched mine out. Do you still use the factory CD changer?

audioclay

Reaction score
I used a device from PAC... steering wheel interface. There is a one second lag, doesn't take long to get used to. You can find it from crutchfield. There is no way to make the stock changer work, sorry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99