Aftermarket DVD system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

backpain

No that's actually the Parrot BT phone interface. The 3-way switch is in the blank area between the park brake control and the storage/center console/armrest thing.

So here are a couple more pics to help. Not sure where they got the 3-way switch, but it looks good huh?

The center console, Parrot Bluetooth kit, iPod, NAV...

The steering wheel remote for the NAV, voice command, source selection, map scale, volume, etc. If you put the NAV for your trip on the PCI card and music CD/DVD in the drive you can also select track number from the remote.

The 3-way switch

And another view from the tailgate of the video screens...

Attachments

• DSCN1572.jpg
    DSCN1572.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCN1568.jpg
    DSCN1568.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCN1569.jpg
    DSCN1569.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 327
  • DSCN1560.jpg
    DSCN1560.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 530
  • DSCN1562.jpg
    DSCN1562.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited by a moderator:
W

w6000

Great Pictures. It is interesting that parrot bluetooth will work with this system. The LR3 has a fiber optic system and Parrot has said its devices do not work with a fiber optic system.

B

backpain

The CK 3000 and 3100 work fine although the audio shop I use doesn't tap the factory wiring, they float their own system on top. The Ck3000 I have integrates fine with my BB 7520, the front speakers mute, ring, etc. The microphone is mounted behind the rearview mirror. The software update Parrott released has helped a lot with the tunnel effect too. For $380 bucks installed, I can't complain. A girlfriend of mine just paid over a grand in her X5 for the bimmer "factory" BT and it's been very problematic.

Hurley's Audio in Tyson's Corner, VA. They've bee doing LR3's from all over the mid-atlantic, if you're interested. You have to stay on top of them, but they will do just about anything to get you happy. They do a ton of biz with Rosenthal Jag/LR/Infiniti and HBL MB/Porsche/Audi across the street, working really closely with the service guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

frobart

We have. Both screens were mounted on the back of the driver and front passenger seat, below the head rest. They had to mount it(built a small platform) so that who ever is watching is not looking down on the screens. The way the seat is contoured, if you make it flush to the back seat you would have to be looking down on the screen. Was worried at first as to how it would look but it turned out great. They installed the dvd player in the glove box and a laser eye underneath all the knobs in the front and the other eye for the wireless headphones underneath power socket in the second row. Also installed aux input for ps2/xbox right next to power socket on the rear face of cubby box.

R

ronprx

Pictures-

WOuld love to see what the install looks like. I think the install on the headliner will greatly diminish rear view, etc.

Are you concerned about the little ones kicking the screen?

L

lacarruk1

backpain said:
The CK 3000 and 3100 work fine although the audio shop I use doesn't tap the factory wiring, they float their own system on top. The Ck3000 I have integrates fine with my BB 7520, the front speakers mute, ring, etc. The microphone is mounted behind the rearview mirror. The software update Parrott released has helped a lot with the tunnel effect too. For $380 bucks installed, I can't complain. A girlfriend of mine just paid over a grand in her X5 for the bimmer "factory" BT and it's been very problematic.

Hurley's Audio in Tyson's Corner, VA. They've bee doing LR3's from all over the mid-atlantic, if you're interested. You have to stay on top of them, but they will do just about anything to get you happy. They do a ton of biz with Rosenthal Jag/LR/Infiniti and HBL MB/Porsche/Audi across the street, working really closely with the service guys.
Could you send me the name and phone number of your audio shop. I want to get the CK3100 installed this Saturday. My audio shop says they do not know how to install the CK3100 with the Fiber Optic cabling. I would love to find out how yours floated their own system???

B

bjenkins

Do you have any pictures? I am worried a flip down will block rear view but the audio/video installer cited the same issue with the headrest due to the shape of the seat. Maybe with a photo the could engineer a similar setup. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd