Air Compressor Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trynian

Reaction score
So you're saying your LR dealership quoted you $300 - $400 to replace the mount(s) and cover? This just happened to me over the weekend (Jan 24, 09) - was your '05 LR3 out of warranty when it happened to you? Did you try to have the dealership fix it under warranty? Thanks.

Mine was $300 just for the mount only, parts and labor. The cover only costs $40, just bought a new one the other day.

I was still under warranty but they said it was not covered because it looked like a rock had hit it right where the bottom cover bolt was. Impact damage was not covered.

After a bit of discussion the dealer ended up taking care of it, but said it was on them because I was a a good cutomer and it was still not cover under the warranty.

To be honest since then I have taken the mount off and on a couple times and it is easier then it looks once you figure out the top bolt access.

Last edited:

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks - this is good to know - I'll be rolling mine into the dealership tomorrow - not sure what they'll say.

Mou279

Reaction score
Guys, remember the ideal gas law from high school physics or chemistry? The air in the tank tends to warm up while you are driving and cool down when the car is sitting idle without any exhaust heat under the car. As the temperature of the air in the tank drops, so does the pressure. In the morning, the pressure in the tank is down some and the compressor tops it off. No leak, just simple physics.

David
a quick question David. Last night before leaving the car, I used the suspension level few times. This morning I went into the car and heard a hissing noise which I can only assume, it came from the suspension. This noise carried on this morning. So I lowered the suspension this morning and will check out tomorrow. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for our help. Mou

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mou, I hope you realize this thread is 7 years old and that David has not posted anything in 5 years....he may or may not see your post unless he subscibed to it and has the same email.

Although someone else may chime in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge