Air Suspension Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those pendulum weights are there to reduce resonance (they counteract resonate frequency vibrations coming off the frame of the truck.) They are dead weights alright - on an already morbidly obese vehicle - but you should leave them where they are to minimize stress that could weaken the frame over time. In fact, every now and then you should make sure they swing freely, as sometimes mud can cake up around them and prevent them from doing their job. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuned_mass_damper

Last edited:

nolift911

Reaction score
Are you joking? I cannot believe this...they have to serve some other function...

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you joking? I cannot believe this...they have to serve some other function...

No joking. When I noticed them, I figured what they were but disapointed that that was only way to fix the vibration. The car is heavy as is... :hmpf:

nolift911

Reaction score
Jesus. Here is the thing that gets me with this type of "engineering"....um there aint any.

Its a cover up for poor design and resonance in the first place. Much like Porsche did with the 911 to counteract the engine weight in the back - put lead weights inside the chassis to balance...***?

Here is an idea...why not track down the source of the unwanted vibrations, resonance and figure out the cause...then um...maybe FIX it...and then shed 50lbs and get better gas mileage and performance as a bonus?

Jesus.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72