Air suspension reliability?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding signs that air springs need replacing?
My 2010 (90k miles) dips at the front when doing gentle bumper to bumper start-stopping in traffic. The front pops right up again, with no bouncing oscillations as per normal shock signs of wear. Owned it for 4yrs - can't remember if it has always done this. Beyond that ride and handling seem fine for a heavy, tall vehicle.
Thoughts?
How tricky is air spring replkacement?

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 owner here, I bought a 2006 with a s l o w compressor. I found out it was worn out because the front struts had pinhole leaks. When I replaced them their build date was 2005 and the vehicle had 180k on it. As previously stated, the air struts wear out just like coils. The “problem” with the EAS is most people don’t recognize the issue before it takes out the compressor as well.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 LR4 with 83,000 miles.
Bought the car new.
I had to replace air Compressor at around 80K miles and front left " air strut" more or less at 70K mile mark.
Keep in mind that my LR4 has been used for off roading regularly and it has some extra weight ( full set of skid plates from Tactical Rovers and heavier wheels. ( BFGs 265/65/18). This few hundred pounds more comparing to a stock car.
Air suspension is fine on LR4s.
Can not say the same as for cross over pipes, but this should be a discussion for a different thread.

ggrupea

Reaction score
Hi, I have a LR3 with 275.000 Kms and rear suspenssion works fine at this moment (its the factory original, from 2007). Last year I chanche the two air springs on the front because one of them was loosing air. The air compressor was changed by the last owner, at 230.000 kms.

By the way, a friend of mine, with a LR4 with 120.000 kms, have all from factory and he have no issues. The LR4 is a 2010 5.0 v8.

Best regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72