air/wind noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

sgllr3

Ok, this is currently not a huge issue, and I hope it stays that way.

When I get going above 20 mph, there is a faint wind noise that changes pitch with increasing speed. It sounds like a window is cracked open ever so slightly, which of course, they don't appear to be.

This is a new occurance, it was not there in the first couple weeks of having the car. And the noise is unnoticeable with any music or conversation, ie can live with it.

I just don't want it to be a precursor to a water leak, or some other horrific event posted here previously. It's supposed to rain today, so I might find out real quick.

Anyone know of any correlations/possible problems?

My HSE LR3 is still at a tender age, only 3 weeks old, only 600 miles. Has nothing new since I drove it off the lot, including a simple roof rack.

C

Cat

This is not anything you should live with or expect from your LR3. My 14 month old LR3 w/ 14k miles has absolutely no wind noise and I consider that to be one of the most pleasant features of vehicle. Have your dealer check it out & make it right...

J

JC0976

Make sure you have the dealer check all the door gaps. When I picked up my LR3, the front door had a loose hinge and when they tightened it they didn't take into account the door position and it became a little proud of the front fender 1/8" and it caused road noise to enter. They corrected and all is fine now. This SUV as quiet as some of the luxury sedans I have driven and far begtter than the Freelander it replaced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM