Alarm going off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had an issue starting today with the alarm going off after about 3 minutes of being locked on my 2005 SE...

When I hit the unlock on the remote, the problem stops with 8 short flashes of the parking lights in the unlock mode... It continually flashes 8 times when you hit unlock until you re-lock it... then the alarm goes off again after a few minutes after you re-lock...

As you all know, normally the parking lights flash 3 times when you lock and 1 when you open...

Anyone experience this or have an answer?

My neighbors are getting ****** since I've gotten home...

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it happen to complain about the bonnet being open on the dash while its running?

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it happen to complain about the bonnet being open on the dash while its running?

Not something I have checked...

I did re-close every door, hood and back end to make sure they were snug...

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hood can be snug, but the sensor sometimes get 'out of adjustment'. The fix is to bend the small metal clip in the passenger side hood latch. Let me know if you see that message on the dash, and Ill try to explain it better.

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hood can be snug, but the sensor sometimes get 'out of adjustment'. The fix is to bend the small metal clip in the passenger side hood latch. Let me know if you see that message on the dash, and Ill try to explain it better.

Thanks... I'll look in the morning and let you know...

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended getting a bonnet warning a couple of days later...

Opened and closed the hood and nothing since...

Thanks for the help!

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Great tip!

mbc

Reaction score
please describe more - same issue just happened to me

alarm going off and "hood open" message on the dash. for now, I've just closed the hood hard and seems to have gone away....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635