Alarm Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Catherine

Hello Everyone,

My new Range Rover's alarm began going off at all hours right after I had things like the auto door locks enabled. The first few times I heard it I thought someone was listening to the movie Psycho, awfully loud. Then my kids told me it was eminating from my car.

So I took it into the dealer. It sat around for two days and wouldn't do what it had been and so they reset the system and sent me home. That afternoon it took off again. I am forced to 'double' click for locking and so am disabling the motion sensor. Even then it doesn't always keep it from chirping. Sometimes you'll go out and check all the doors, reset the alarm, stare at the car for a bit, start to walk in the house and off it goes.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

Catherine

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AVRO

It should say why alarm is triggered, at least mine says in dashboard message center. I had problem earlier that alarm was triggered during night, it says "Alarm triggered,RH-F door". Cause was (hopefully) corroded connector behind A-post trim on RH footwell, just those wires/pins which goes to door latch were green.

After cleaning it out, no false warnings.

This is for P38 RR... no idea about never RR:s :(

EDIT: just noticed that you have -06 RR.
creep.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Catherine

Thanks, I'll look next time. Who knows, it may just say!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9