Alignement vs. New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros for 286.00 per tire, all out, will keep looking I guess. I noted that the edges of my fronts are more worn out than the tires at the rear, will definitely try rotation first and see if I can delay replacement by a few months.

why zeros vs AT?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I rotate back to front, would you suggest a particular pattern? I may have to do this at home, so, should I be using the spare temporarily to change tires all around, this is a very heavy car and I am scared of using Jacks on their own! How easy is it to take the spare ou form under there?
I rotate my car tires at home (and swap summer/winter setups) on a regular basis, but would not ever dream of trying this with the LR3.

The LR3 weighs nearly 3 tons, and it has tremendous wheel travel when lifted (wheels stay on the ground after vehicle is raised). Best to have a tire shop do it using a proper lift for safety.

Check around your area. Some tire shops will rotate for free, especially if you are a regular customer.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't almost EVERY tire this side of the BFG cheaper than the HP? And aren't they all far superior? Yep and yep.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't almost EVERY tire this side of the BFG cheaper than the HP? And aren't they all far superior? Yep and yep.

Amen Brother. Baz, if you think HP's are the cheaper way to go, I have some property in New Orleans I'd like to sell you. Remember, it's spelled GoodForOneYear for a reason.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rotate my car tires at home (and swap summer/winter setups) on a regular basis, but would not ever dream of trying this with the LR3.

The LR3 weighs nearly 3 tons, and it has tremendous wheel travel when lifted (wheels stay on the ground after vehicle is raised). Best to have a tire shop do it using a proper lift for safety.
Buy a proper jack; better yet two jacks. I rotate my tires with ease every 6-8k miles.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros for 286.00 per tire, all out, will keep looking I guess. I noted that the edges of my fronts are more worn out than the tires at the rear, will definitely try rotation first and see if I can delay replacement by a few months.

I paid $264 ea for my BFG AT's back in July.......Came from Discount/America's tire and they will beat any advertised price!!! (They did have to order them, took about a week)

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a new set of tires and was told that I should do an alignment.My car was pulling slightly to the right so I dag out my $50 coupon from the nearest dealer and overall ended up paying 100 for it.not to bad I think.LR3 drives differently now with more like solid and secure feel over steering wheel.i certainly don't want to waste new set of Nokian WR G2,they are not cheap,but boy they totally worth it.I too,invested in good floor jack ,but find a tire rotation a breeze with a bushrenger x-jack and i rotate 5 tires,spare included ,on my driveway no problem.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I have developed a slow leak in the rear right tire which I could not find. I guess I will wait as long as I can, my choices aren now the Good Years, Pirelli Scorpio Zero and Michelin Latitude, which I had always thought would be way overpriced but was not. Most people I know that have bought Michelins are extremely satisfied with their choice and all claim that the tires are "built to last". Any comments on the Michelins?

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both good choices, coin flip. How about cost? Any difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72