All Terrain Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrMorison

Reaction score
Hey All,
I just purchased a brand new (to me) 2016 LR4 silver package. Unfortunately, it comes with the 20" wheels. Does anyone have any idea if there are any good all terrain tires that will fit on these rims? (255-50-20) Thanks. -Tom

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plug that size into the big online tire sites and read away

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail
- Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S

Both are XL rated too
I have no experience with either tire

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am indeed. They fit without rods. There is very light rubbing in full lock to lock turns but otherwise fine. Also depends on wheel offset and tire model itself. Decent tire choices in this size, with xl/d/e load ratings, etc.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

jmars

Reaction score
Oh wow another tire thread....does anyone actually research or is spoon feeding the way bc of forums now?

If you “can’t find anything all terrain” then you just didn’t look at all....it’s rather impossible not to find. There are 20” wheel threads, tire size thread etc just on this forum....

unreal and a waste of everyone’s time....flame away I don’t care but this forum has been brutal with lazy ppl lately.

Strizzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get duratracs in 255/55-20 which are just barely larger than stock. Personally when I need new tires for my 20s I’ll be considering a set of 18s from an lr3 or going to larger tires on the 20” wheels. I’d love to have a bfg KO2 in the 255/55-20 size to avoid the road noise from the duratracs

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going to do it right you also have to factor in the width of the wheels. When I exchanged the stock 255/55-20 Goodyear Eagles for 285/50-20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on my D5 (same outside diameter and no clearance problems) I also replaced the 20" x 8.5" OEM wheels with 20" x 9.5" Redbourne wheels (including the spare). the stock wheels were at the minimum width limit for the 285/50s and would have worked but I wanted a "squared off" fit for optimum performance and cornering stability. Use https://www.wheel-size.com/ to determine the best tire sizes for your vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM