Alpaca...Get it or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notabearish1

Reaction score
Hello All,

My first post. I am selling my TREG (with sadness - BTW - that is one underappreciated machine!) and decided to go with a 2008 LR3 as we need a 3rd row seat for the growing family. I learned a lot from this site and have a simple question. Is going with the Alpaca premium interior worth it? We are looking at one that is super clean. However, we are concerned about unremovable stains/marks. I read some posts that talked about blue jeans leaving behind marks? That was rather odd...maybe they figured it out for the 08's?

Much appreciated in advance for your suggesstions!

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the tan leather seating or is it actually a suede like in finish. I have the tan perforated leather and it picks up dirt quicker than my audi's did but it comes clean easily with lexol cleaner.

If the numbers and such work out to your liking I wouldn't be "dissuaded" by it.

Skunkape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tourag's are nice. But look on the bright side, you won't be shocked with the Gas milleage of the LR3. If i understand it correctly the 08's and newer offered a premium leather option that was softer. We have an 06 and only the seating surfaces are "real" leather. The sides and the backs are synthetic and are not that great. we have a few small holes and tears. full leather would be better.

The LR3 is a great truck.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the '06 SE w/ the Alpaca. No problem with this color or materials. A little McGuire's conditioner once in a while and my interior still looks brand new. My first LR3 had the black interior. Hated it. It was like living in a cave. I lost so many things with the black on black. The Alpaca actually puts me in a better mood. No where near as depressing as the black.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had same question before I bought my HSE

I went Alpaca. Friend has black interior on an 06. Getting in his LR3, I'm ALWAYS glad i got alpaca. Honestly, i think it holds up / looks cleaner longer. The _ONE_ thing I'll say is that I came from a 2003 Discovery II SE, which had alpaca seats and door panels, but BLACK carpet. I wish they offered this on the LR3 because I love the alpaca seats and door trims, but I don't like the alpaca carpet. Wish it was black carpet for dirt-showing reasons.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd agree....tan seats are nice. Darker colored carpet would be better.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went Alpaca. Friend has black interior on an 06. Getting in his LR3, I'm ALWAYS glad i got alpaca. Honestly, i think it holds up / looks cleaner longer. The _ONE_ thing I'll say is that I came from a 2003 Discovery II SE, which had alpaca seats and door panels, but BLACK carpet. I wish they offered this on the LR3 because I love the alpaca seats and door trims, but I don't like the alpaca carpet. Wish it was black carpet for dirt-showing reasons.

This is so true. My disco was white with alpaca and the black floors were nice. My Fix for the LR3 is the black rubber LR mats. They are awesome, cover the entire rear floors including the 7 passenger seats folded flat. My alpaca floors look untouched under the mats

notabearish1

Reaction score
Thanks all. We ended up going with the alpaca. It looks really nice. Keeping it clean will require some effort on my part though.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great choice. Order the LR rubber floor mats from the accessory catalog. They look classy and will save your alpaca floors from stains

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Alpaca in my '05 HSE and I don't like it. I should have gotten the black interior. The floorboards / carpeting show all kinds of marks and dirt and I have the LR mats. Never again. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4