Alpine Glass Roof Crack installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bopchoy

Reaction score
My LR3 Alpine roof crack and it needed to be replaced. We had it replaced by our local dealer here but realized that the dealer charged us profit on labor for a 3rd party to install our glass. If I had known that they charged extra for labor, I'd be shopping around town for an installer. They didn't kept their words on the labor quote they had provided to us personally. My car is out of warranty so I've learn to shop around if I need to fix anything on my LR3. I would not have any problem if the dealer kept their word on the estimate range ($250 to $300), but the amount to be $360...Response by the service manager: we charge profit on labor...So they profited on parts and labor from us. I complained the concern to corporate.. Their response:
Thank you for contacting the Land Rover Customer Relationship Center.

I was very sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the price charged by Land Rover New Orleans for your service of your Land Rover. Because Land Rover Retailers are independently owned and operated, they are able to charge whatever they feel is appropriate for the parts and labor they supply. It would be illegal for Land Rover, as the manufacturer of the vehicle, to set prices for Land Rover Retailers. We do, however, provide our Retailers with the manufacturers suggested retail prices for parts, which they adjust to suit their individual needs. Retailer pricing is based on such factors as competition, location, and overhead.

Have a great weekend.

Sincerely,

Karin Gehrmann
Land Rover North America

PS: Shop around if you're out of warranty..

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Rover sub-letted a window install on your LR3 within the last 365 days, it is covered by Rover.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my broken Apline roof this year as well. No fun. However, I do think the dealer should be able to make a profit. Regardless, Mike, why do you say that Rover would cover a window replcement wihtin the last 365 days? Please share.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump on this thread - I cracked my Alpine glass today, trying to install an old Weekender Luggage Box on my LR3. Anyone know how much my dealer will charge me to replace?

Patriot

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be covered under your insurance, less the deductible. I think my last roof glass was 8 or 900.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on the original post. Dealer originally put the repair (parts and labor) at @ $1700, but after discussing with my insurance company, settled at @ $1100 plus my $500 deductible. Insurance company cut check payable to me and dealer for that amount. Parts have been ordered, and repair might take place as early as Friday.

Patriot

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4