Android integrated with factory screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DugLR4

Reaction score
where can you get this and does it work for apple CarPlay ?

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would even bother with this if you have a phone connected via Bluetooth. You can do Navi and music from the phone and get a dash mount. Android 4.4 is archaic and you'll likely just fight with costly upgrades later. Spend a few $ and get a spare tablet or phone and just permamount it with a nice holder. My navigation / factory system is just a dumb BT repeater at this point.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I

I have the factory navigation and am still considering this. I'd most times rather get lost than use the factory user interface.

Still, though, for the $850 USD asking price for the ANDY solution, the idea of just somehow mounting an iPad over the factory unit may be more compelling, if less elegant.

Indeed, $850 and it's about of the box. It is nice to have Car Play in your factory screen but the cost is high for the benefit you get. I rather buy latest iPad (either "regular" - $459, or Pro - $779) with cellular service as it has the GPS chip, or similar Android tablet. For me use would be mostly for navigation and audio streaming.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM