Another Defender hint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it has poly bushings... :D:D:D

PS: I agree with the assessments of the lines on this mule (if that's what it is). Even the A- and B-pillars gave me some comfort. But that vertical back hatch had LR3/4 written all over it.

If it doesn't have poly bushings, I am a strong proponent of replacing the rubber bushings with poly. In fact, just make the whole back door poly.

Seriously, though, that back hatch looks almost like it's lifted direct off of a LR4. Part of me wonders whether this is really a "spy" shot, or a LR marketing ploy. I'm not sure I've ever seen any body camo ripped up like that before.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my first thought was that surely JLR has an upholstery person on staff who could clean up that cover for them...
Probably ripped up during road testing and they didn't have a chance to fix it before spy shot. You ever tow a boat with a loose cover on it? They shred at about 55mph

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably ripped up during road testing and they didn't have a chance to fix it before spy shot. You ever tow a boat with a loose cover on it? They shred at about 55mph

I figured it was a quick way to let the driver see out of the back window, since even the vinyl-wrapped mules had uncovered rear glass.

I only ever towed my boats relatively short distances, and would always remove the mooring cover before leaving for that exact reason.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wish the new Defender would be like a bigger, and maybe just a little nicer version of the new Suzuki Jimny.

I'm fully prepared to be disappointed, though. Not sure if there's been a McGovern-penned Land Rover that I really want (if we consider the LR4 as just a slightly updated LR3). I've warmed up to the Range Rover, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I sure hope it would be more than "a little nicer" - 95lb ft of torque and 90mph top speed well get you kiiled on the streets in the US :driver:

upload_2018-11-16_16-41-39.png

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diggin the clean look of the A pillar and window frame in that spy shot. Lets hope that the rest of it as also as understated and clean design vs an overly-styled nonsense screaming in a shrilly voice: "Hey! Look at me, I am a Range Rover" which is what has been coming out of Mr McGovern' room these last few years. Lets hope Andy Wheel was assigned the task here, the task of redesign and defending the Defender from those blingification impulses prevailing over at LR.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover is doing a live reveal today of a new Range Rover Evoque.

Because that's what the LR product line really needs right now. No hole in more urgent need of filling than a new Evoque, in my opinion. None whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut