Anybody regret not getting LUX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I don't regret not getting the LUX package (steaming double-negative there = ruler to the back of the hand) mainly because of the stupid 20 inch wheels that come with it. The 19's are stupid enough already.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 20" wheels are a stand alone option and not part of the Lux package. I actually wish they would have been part of the package; it opens up a lot more tire options then the 19" wheels.

Rob

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were looking for an HSE but bought the LUX not for the extra features, but it was the only one we could find with the HD package, and we weren't willing to compromise on the rear locking diff and full size spare

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I compromised too much when we bought ours. I wanted the HD package and white and 20" wheels. We got Buckingham Blue, 19" wheels and no HD. We needed to buy one on the lot and didnt have much time for them to get us one.

Rob

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
I am glad this thread popped up when it did. Reading it has convinved me that if I buy an LR4, I need to get the LUX package. Why? Passive unlocking and driver's memory seating are both pretty big deals to me. And the other features, like mood lighting, parking sensor, are all big plusses in my book. Plus, I was going to get the comfort climate package anyway with the HSE, so the $3-4K extra for the all the other stuff is worth it.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
The 20" wheels are a stand alone option and not part of the Lux package. I actually wish they would have been part of the package; it opens up a lot more tire options then the 19" wheels.
Hi Rob,

That's not what my dealer told me. It would make me angry to discover that I was told the 20" wheels were standard on the LUX package just because that's how the one they had on the lot was equipped.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Rob,

That's not what my dealer told me. It would make me angry to discover that I was told the 20" wheels were standard on the LUX package just because that's how the one they had on the lot was equipped.

Hello Captian,

Well, I'm sorry to say this but I think your dealership pulled a fast one on you. The 20" wheels don't come standard on any of the LR4s. All US spec LR4s with the exception of the Metropolis versions come with 19" wheels as standard. 20" wheels are a $2500 option. I believe the metropolis version comes standard with 22" wheels.

There were two HSE LUX LR4s on the lot when we bought ours, the Buckingham Blue one we bought and a white one with both the rear seat entertainment and the 20" wheels. I was willing to pay for the wheels but not the entertainment system.

Rob

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Rob,

This stinks.... My dealership was great, but it was the second one I went to to get my LR4. The first one I found myself actually telling THEM about the LR4 as they were clueless. In fact, the saleslady actually told me they were really busy and if I minded helping customers by answering questions? That said, my business went elsewhere to people who actually worked with me on my 2009 ML350 trade.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink