Anybody regret not getting LUX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I WANT all the extra features that come with the LUX (vision assist, upgraded leahter etc...)? absolutely

Do I NEED the extra features that come with the LUX? Absolutely NOT.

Am I happy that I pay about $200 less per month for the HSE with 7 passenger comfort and cold weather package? YES

If I had the extra money would I have gone with the LUX? Absolutely, but after reading the issues with the cameras, I would stay away from the vision assist. I personally do not need 5 cameras in order to park the car and do not go off roading so the cameras will not be necessary for me. some people may prefer to have them and that's fine if you are prepared to deal with the possible issues they may present.

Overall The LR4 in general is a great vehicle no matter what options it has and we are all lucky to have the means to be able to afford and drive such a nice vehicle.
The moral of the story is :"you get what you get and you don't complain"
Have a great day guys,
George

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had the extra money would I have gone with the LUX? Absolutely, but after reading the issues with the cameras, I would stay away from the vision assist. I personally do not need 5 cameras in order to park the car and do not go off roading so the cameras will not be necessary for me. some people may prefer to have them and that's fine if you are prepared to deal with the possible issues they may present.
Just to be clear, the vision assist package is not part of the LUX. It is an optional package which includes: Surround Camera System, AFS, Tow Hitch Assist, Tow Assist and AHBA. It cost $1200 in addition to the LUX, or $1800 in addition to the HSE. Just pointing this out as this thread is about the LUX package. :)

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm completely satisfied with my 11 HSE. I think I would probably destroy the fancy leather in a matter of months.

HOWEVER, I DO wish I had the little button that turns off the parking proximity warning. It's driving me absolutely crazy whenever I have the bike rack on. I feel like I'm "flat-lining" six times a day.

Marty

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm completely satisfied with my 11 HSE. I think I would probably destroy the fancy leather in a matter of months.

HOWEVER, I DO wish I had the little button that turns off the parking proximity warning. It's driving me absolutely crazy whenever I have the bike rack on. I feel like I'm "flat-lining" six times a day.

Marty

You can't turn it off? Yeah, that's annoying. My old Bimmer couldn't be turned off either. Luckily, with the 2010 model year, you can turn it off - I have both front and rear and love it. It picks up everything - even objects very low to the ground that you cannot see at all... even if you had the cams.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. The button is simply missing from the dash. I just try to back up as little as possible while the rack is on :)

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I wish I had and will probably get added to My 2010 HSE is the rear view camera. I'll do it because of my wife. I agree with the count. If you know how to use and listen to the sensors , you do not need a camera. They pick up very small and low objects. I actually tested the sensors but putting driveway markers of different lengths and widths and it was impressive.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I WANT all the extra features that come with the LUX (vision assist, upgraded leahter etc...)? absolutely

Do I NEED the extra features that come with the LUX? Absolutely NOT.

Am I happy that I pay about $200 less per month for the HSE with 7 passenger comfort and cold weather package? YES

Overall The LR4 in general is a great vehicle no matter what options it has and we are all lucky to have the means to be able to afford and drive such a nice vehicle.
The moral of the story is :"you get what you get and you don't complain"
Have a great day guys,
George
Well said, George!

For me, it was definitely a matter of taking delivery of the car that I wanted vs. waiting a while and seeing if something came along. My other option was about 10K more, as it basically had EVERYTHING... In the end, I am really happy with the HSE. Certain things for me were a nice to have vs. a MUST have! :)

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't turn it off? Yeah, that's annoying. My old Bimmer couldn't be turned off either. Luckily, with the 2010 model year, you can turn it off - I have both front and rear and love it. It picks up everything - even objects very low to the ground that you cannot see at all... even if you had the cams.
I agree, Count!

I LOVE the sensors, as they are great. I did not have them on my previous 2009 ML and totally love them. While I also like the back-up camera (I had that before), I would trade it for the sensors.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Marty
Hey Marty,

I have never actually been close enough to something to hear the flatlining, does it go into a solid beep if you get reeaaaallllyyyyy close???

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Marty,

I have never actually been close enough to something to hear the flatlining, does it go into a solid beep if you get reeaaaallllyyyyy close???

David,
per the instruction manual, when it beeps continuously you have about a foot between the bumper and the object. I have been there many times. You just need to trust your instincts and the sensors. I am surprised you would give up the camera for the sensors. The only thing I wish I had in the 2010 HSE was a rear view camera bc my wife complains all the time. We have a rear view camera (with 3 different view angles) and sensors in our Odyssey and she still manages to wack the damn thing!!! I am actually looking to have one installed in the LR4 with a screen in the rear view mirror. A LR dealer in RI refered me to this guy whom they use to add HIDs and cameras for their customers. I may do it in the next few months. I really don't see the need for it but she is concerned she'll run over a kid or something....go figure
George

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink