Anyone done their own spark plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billj214

Reaction score
Had my LR4 serviced last week, tranny flush, diff and transfer case, fluids, belts and topend service which cleans throttle body and injectors. As of now I feel like I have a new vehicle, I don't even know the engine is running at idle, it's amazing. As for plugs I opted for the factory brand, they are expensive but will last another 100k. I don't recommend replacing if you think your car is idling poorly, probably nothing wrong with them, wait until 100k.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

stl8grey

Reaction score
Thank you. Mine is right at 100k and am rounding up tune-up parts.

Papa

Reaction score
My 2010 is hitting 105 soon, this is the service interval for plugs, dealer quoted $648 for the full 105k service , plugs, oil change, all filters etc....

stl8grey

Reaction score
Well, you could shop around for parts and come in below that quote. It is not uncommon to rove across some awesome deals.

billj214

Reaction score
Do you have a local European mechanic? They typically will offer services that the dealer won't and much cheaper. Ask for injector flush or topend service, if your injectors are not cleaned it may cause valve carbon buildup over time and start to lose compression.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than one time when it was actually a "hardware" problem, this has solved any vibration issues when they arise;

bg44k1.jpg

I'm not sure what the Techron product is you mentioned. Maybe it's the same stuff. This is about $26 a can. One can does the trick.

Christianmotox

Reaction score
Other than one time when it was actually a "hardware" problem, this has solved any vibration issues when they arise;

bg44k1.jpg

I'm not sure what the Techron product is you mentioned. Maybe it's the same stuff. This is about $26 a can. One can does the trick.

I need to fix my idling issue, do you use this product like seafoam? Or do you need any special tools?

billj214

Reaction score
I need to fix my idling issue, do you use this product like seafoam? Or do you need any special tools?
Don't bother with seafoam, the BG cleaner is what you need to clean injectors, this may be all you need to fix a rough idle. Use Chevron Techron additive every few tanks for maintenace to keep injectors clean.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV