As Predicted. (Defender news)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think one reason is that they include the rear mount spare in the dimensions. So it is longer than the lr4 but nothing usable in that increase in length.
I guess that explains the length question but as to interior width, that will continue to be a problem that the 130 when it appears, will not solve. It seems that the styling guys sucked the body in at the waist and the interior just got smaller. The beltline also went up - empire waist so to speak - works on a Corvette or Jag but not so good on a 4x4.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The beltline also went up - empire waist so to speak - works on a Corvette or Jag but not so good on a 4x4.

So true. That was the biggest adjustment I found. Felt like I went from driving a fishbowl to an army tank with view slits. Wide rear C-pillars and the big spare tire covering the rear window make it worse. I found myself constantly looking around and checking blind spots when changing lanes. Thankfully it does have giant side mirrors and BSM. Plus lots of cameras. But nothing compares to the awesome driver seat visibility in an LR4.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess that explains the length question but as to interior width, that will continue to be a problem that the 130 when it appears, will not solve. It seems that the styling guys sucked the body in at the waist and the interior just got smaller. The beltline also went up - empire waist so to speak - works on a Corvette or Jag but not so good on a 4x4.

Can't wait to drive one of these new broncos. I've been a Ford guy since I was a kid, worked for corporate for a number of years and, after a decade on other brands, I went back to ford for my 2018 F350 PSD and am currently bidding two separate auctions for a 69 and 70 Boss Mustang. So, it'd be nice to add this beast as well and have a stable full of Fords again.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...fe-size-lego-set-take-it-apart-rebuild-repeat

That said, I totally understand that I could be just as disappointed with the Bronco as I am with the Defender. Time will tell.

Pete Jones

Reaction score
I ordered a P300 before Christmas for March delivery which was put off until May and then to "probably the middle of June".

I had a conversation with the dealer last Monday and drove a new D240 off the forecourt on Saturday morning.

Aside from a few techno glitches (getting pivipro online) I really am very happy (apart from the fact that the wife has taken it for her commute to work today).

I am even going to go shopping when she gets home - as an excuse to go somewhere for a drive!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72