Attaching iPod to inside top of center compartment (velcro)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of attaching a small leather pouch to the inside of the cover to the center compartment to keep the iPod in the recess of the lid, next to the iPod and USB inputs. This will allow the opening and closing of the center console without the iPod cable flopping around. Sometimes I have to move the cable so the lid closes. There should be some built in clip to hold the device in place.

Has anyone done something similar?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have to do this as well. I'm going to get the adapter this week and make-shift something so have a holder... Velcro is king for all sorts of fixes like this. I'll let you know how mine comes out, and will take/post a pic.

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done something similar in mine. I bought a universal device holder i found at best buy. It has two plastic pieces that slide together to hold the ipod in place. One piece sticks to the back of the ipod. The other sticks on the plastic under the armrest. Then i just slide the two pieces together to lock the ipod in. Ive had it for about 6 months now. No problem. Nice to have the ipod hidden away since i can control it through the stereo.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done something similar in mine. I bought a universal device holder i found at best buy. It has two plastic pieces that slide together to hold the ipod in place. One piece sticks to the back of the ipod. The other sticks on the plastic under the armrest. Then i just slide the two pieces together to lock the ipod in. Ive had it for about 6 months now. No problem. Nice to have the ipod hidden away since i can control it through the stereo.

Is it easy to remove and replace the iPod? Do you have a link, or pictures? Thanks.

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
horatio,
here are a couple pics.

one shows the piece that sticks to the back of the ipad. it sticks on there very strong.

the other picture shows the piece that sticks under the armrest. as you can see, the ipod then just slides into the armrest piece. it is very easy to remove and replace. i went with this idea since i dont mind having that piece stuck on the back of the ipod. its an older ipod and i only use it in the car. i thought with velcro the sticky sides might keep coming loose if i take the ipod off and on a lot. hope this helps.

if you do something like this, be sure you place the piece under the armrest high enough above the ipod cable plug. else the ipod wont fit behind the plug. i could use to have mine a little further up, but it still fits.

Last edited:

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks NDRENFRO...the pictures are helpful. I found a small leather pouch I had from a old video camera strap. I attached the pouch to the lid of the console with velcro. The iPod slips into the pouch. I'll try to post pics later.

eaglerover

Reaction score
Where's the best place online to buy an iPod cable? Just got my new LR4 a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where's the best place online to buy an iPod cable? Just got my new LR4 a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks

They've been on back order but British Autoparts of Utah has the best price of $75.00 dollars... LR list them for $107.00 I believe. It took about a month to get mine.

eaglerover

Reaction score
Checkout LR Rocklin online...they sell the cable for $65 and it will go out that day. They don't take credit cards through the website, but you can still place the order through the site and they will call you for the cc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99