Audio Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elinders

Reaction score
I need some help. 2011 LR4 LUX, screen went black, no audio/nav/rear view camera. Brought it to the dealer and they want $3k to replace the audio control module.
Had the car in for inspection today and local shop said they couldn’t do the acm because they don’t have the codes to plug in when they install.

I have done a couple searches with some people grabbing ones from eBay but I’m unsure if it’s the same part. I love our LR4 but 3k to get our music back is steep.

CaliLee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a repair shop for vehicle nav/audio systems and had mine replaced for apx $700. Regular Indy shop won’t touch this stuff.

Elinders

Reaction score
Oh that’s an interesting point. I will try that route. Thank you for the tip! I guess I could possibly think about switching out the screen then at that point and get an updated interface.

CaliLee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it considering it’s all integrated with the vehicle. If you find something better I’d love to hear about it though. Not sure your location but the shop I used is called Short Circuit in San Jose California. They have a LA location as well

Elinders

Reaction score
I got a quote; $1,500 for all new setup, new 7” touchscreen with CarPlay and all the new tech, new backup camera (because it won’t be compatible with the old one) and new dash kit.

He said he won’t need to touch the old module because he is putting in all new guts.

Am I missing anything? Sound reasonable?

Elinders

Reaction score
And sorry, I’m in NY but thank you for the recommendation.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I got a quote; $1,500 for all new setup, new 7” touchscreen with CarPlay and all the new tech, new backup camera (because it won’t be compatible with the old one) and new dash kit.

He said he won’t need to touch the old module because he is putting in all new guts.

That sounds reasonable, considering the Spiral Audio kit with the MOST fiber optic module is almost $700. https://www.spiralaudio.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1790

There's a "Tesla" style kit too. Maybe that's an option...

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You'll lose the 4x4 screen, if you care.

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used touch screen unit off ebay for $400, just be scrupulous about checking part numbers. I have a spare used one available (re. Checking part numbers), if you are interested? Its an easy DIY removal / installation

Elinders

Reaction score
Ryan,
Good point about the 4x4 screen and actually now that you mention it I wonder if I will be able to adjust the clock at all since that was also handled through that system. I doubt it. That would be annoying.
I will be honest, I don’t spend a whole lot of time on the 4x4 screen and when I do it just reminds me that I don’t have the HD package and I won’t see the rear lock actually lock haha.

At the end of the day, if Mozam’s solution would work and it would save me even more cash, it would be great to keep it stock and keep all of the functionality. I just don’t know enough about what I actually need. I found the diagnostic info from the dealer and I tried to insert the picture, hopefully it works. Maybe you guys can decipher it.
To me, it seems like if I replace the screen I will still have the issue because the module is bad. I could be wrong, happens a lot!

Thanks everyone for chipping in so far, hopefully we will solve it.
607C5EFA-F070-4DDB-A56A-7470C06D34E7.jpeg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut