Aux jack....so quiet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddvelin

Reaction score
The Aux jack in the center console (facing the 2nd row of seats), seems to really "shroud" the music coming from the MP3 player. I have to turn my Zune all the way up, and then crank the stereo in the Landy to hear the tunes.

Is this a standard issue others have run into? I've had a little bit of volume loss with other cars' Aux jacks, but nothing like this.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue could be the plug is not quite right. On an mp3 player for example there is some setting to up the output signal. I can't say much more, don't have either.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ddvelin, what you are experiencing is not a unique problem. Some owners use a small pre-amp to boost the "volume" from their MP3 player.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seems work fine with the iPod Touch, iPhone, HTC Evo.....

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, this is a pretty common issue. The AUX jack in mine is considerably more quiet than other sources (CD, Sat Radio) in my LR3. I use an old ass Belkin iPod charger that has a line out with volume control built into the plug, and that seems to help a little. Unfortunately, my cable is starting to fray and it doesn't look like Belkin makes this accessory anymore.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is the "feature" I hate the most about the LR3. Good luck getting enough volume out of your iPod/iPhone/etc. to crank the music on the highway with the windows down. Just limits it way too much.

I also listen to a lot of podcasts (spoken word, no music) and if someone has a low voice you can't hear them at all...even with the windows up and the volume on max.

I wish I would have put an aux line pre-amp in long ago.

ZZT

Reaction score
If you are going to use the AUX input you may want to check out preamps/boosters like Sound Shocker, Boostaroo, FiiO, etc. My son uses a Sound Shocker in his car and it works great. The best part is that it doesn't require any external power. You don't need to plug it into a 12V outlet and there are no batteries to charge or replace.

Sound Shocker

ZZT

Reaction score
My son uses a Sound Shocker Pro.
There seems to be a lot of people who like the standard Sound Shocker at:
tacomaworld

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member