Backup Camera stopped working with no explanation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alchern

Reaction score
Hey folks,

My backup camera worked fine, and now sporadically shows me a blue screen with red X over camera logo. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm in Canada, where it is currently cold. I've never had an issue with it before in the cold. Wiring harness? Please see attached photo of screen that is displayed when I'm in reverse. Sensors, forward and back, seem to be working fine.

Thank you.

IMG_0706.jpg

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this issue (also only when cold) with my car.

The dealer installed camera equalizers on all of my cameras and they have never had an issue since.

My dealer installed:

LR031216
LR031218
LR031219 (Driver mirror camera)
LR031212 (Front left or right)
LR031214 (Front left or right)

These are CAMERA EQ kits. I don't know which specific one is for the backup camera. Has to be 16 or 18. All the others are for the mirror cameras and front cameras (I have the surround view package)

They stated installed per bulletin LTB00430NAS2.

After further reading of my service records, it appears my rear camera was also replaced once upon a time after logging a fault code (B12D-31)

You have an IID tool by chance?

Also attached is a tech bulletin that might be related to your problem. It doesn't seem to have the part numbers that my dealer installed. So I'm not sure if it's helpful or not.

Attachments

• LTB00367-1NASF.pdf
    70.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

jp7147

Reaction score
Hey folks,

My backup camera worked fine, and now sporadically shows me a blue screen with red X over camera logo. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm in Canada, where it is currently cold. I've never had an issue with it before in the cold. Wiring harness? Please see attached photo of screen that is displayed when I'm in reverse. Sensors, forward and back, seem to be working fine.

Thank you.

View attachment 22804
Hey,
I’m having the same issues. Have you found what it is?
My camera stopped working in a really cold day as well.
I also checked all the cameras on the screen and the right Mirror camera blinks in one sec. Intervals with this same blue screen and then It works fine after doing it for 3 times.

From doing research on line. I found that all the cameras connect to an aluminum box under the driver seat. I’m thinking this control box is the problem. (Excuse my lack of knowledge for not knowing what the box is actually called).
I also have an IIDTOOL. But I have no idea how to trouble shoot with it. They are way too many things to trouble shoot and I am not a car technician to understand what they all mean.
If anyone can share how to trouble shoot the back up camera and the control box with the IIDTOOL. I would really appreciate it!

Reaction score
I had this issue (also only when cold) with my car.

The dealer installed camera equalizers on all of my cameras and they have never had an issue since.

My dealer installed:

LR031216
LR031218
LR031219 (Driver mirror camera)
LR031212 (Front left or right)
LR031214 (Front left or right)

These are CAMERA EQ kits. I don't know which specific one is for the backup camera. Has to be 16 or 18. All the others are for the mirror cameras and front cameras (I have the surround view package)

They stated installed per bulletin LTB00430NAS2.

After further reading of my service records, it appears my rear camera was also replaced once upon a time after logging a fault code (B12D-31)

You have an IID tool by chance?

Also attached is a tech bulletin that might be related to your problem. It doesn't seem to have the part numbers that my dealer installed. So I'm not sure if it's helpful or not.
Did you pay for these equalizers?

Reaction score
Hello again,
Does anyone know where the equalizers are to be installed? I bought one for the rear camera and I've scoured the internet looking for this info. Appreciate in advance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA