Best place to buy OEM brake pads 2015 LR4 Lux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, been a couple years since my last meeting, I mean brake replacement. Still want to go with OEM brakes. Last time I think I bought from the KC dealership. Wondering if anyone has found a better/less expensive option for brake pads?

Thank you all in advance.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'll still probably be the cheapest if you want "Land Rover" stamped on them.

I believe the Land Rover brake pads are actually Ferrodo brand. You can search for them and see if you can find them cheaper.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OKay. I'll give them a try. Just ordered them off Amazon. They are Ferodo with one R for anyone else searching. part number for rears with sensors is FDB1613. Part number for fronts is FDB4455 according to Ferodo's website.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Used the Ferodo's to replace the rear brakes. About 15 minutes a side (have floor jack and 1/2" cordless impact gun). Fit was perfect. No noise, work just fine. Now I am ordering the front brakes to get those done next week. I think this is my 3rd brake job. Original sensors and original rotors that are still within specs.

Cheers

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FCP Euro, Lifetime warranty. I buy all brake parts as well as oil and filter, (really all my parts now if they have them and they are OE) so my oil changes and brakes now only cost me the $15-20 to return parts. My recent Valve adjustment on the M3 cost me $18, as opposed to $290 as I returned plugs and gaskets (OE BMW so they were expensive but they don’t leak)

Problem is they don’t sell a lot of OE Land Rover parts. Brakes I’ll buy OEM, but the cooling system that I am doing is all OE LR/JLR.

+1 on Ferodo

Last edited:

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fortunately we have the black pack on our landie, so the 19" black wheels. No sense in even washing them.
They turn brown though!!

I wash my wheels every time I wash my car. Can't stand not having them gloss out lol.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suggest Akebono ceramic pads. Used them on my D3 for years now on my D4. They reduce dust by 90%.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA