Beware of the Air Conditioning when ordering a new Discovery

Discussion in 'Discovery 5' started by PaulLR3, Jul 4, 2017.

1. PaulLR3

PaulLR3 Full Access Member

I saw a post on another LR forum about someone in the Southwest that took delivery of a new Discovery with 3-zone AC and it is inadequate. He runs it on "low" all the time and he is still too hot.

I took a closer look at the new Discovery and he is correct. No more center console vents for the second row, no more ceiling vents. Just 2 small vents on each b-pillar. Zero vents for the third row. My dog wouldn't be happy about that.

I guess you need to order the 4-zone AC to get more vents. Too bad it's bundled with crap that I don't want like massage seats and a metallic windshield that will jam my radar detector.

Urfi Gorkey and jwest like this.
  2. BronkoZ

BronkoZ Member

Hey, thanks for letting us know. To be honest I had no idea of this problem and I'm just going to lease a new discovery on next month, so I'll be wary of this. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
  3. WatchMark

WatchMark New Member

We had a 2017 Discovery and the second/third row AC was adequate at best. We moved into a 2018 Discovery with the 7-seat lux climate package, which adds ceiling vents for the second and third row. With this package, the AC for rear passengers is great. This package also includes ventilated seats for the second row, heated seats for the third row, and massaging seats for driver and passenger.