Bleeding Coolant procedure 2014 LR4 how to ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angelfaced81

Reaction score
I got my vehicle from a non Rover dealer. Had it for a few months and got a “ coolant level low” message…So I took the truck to a rover dealership. The technician said that one of my hoses were going to the wrong place, one of the hoses that goes into the back of water pump just wasn’t installed properly. So they fix it or drive it around for like two weeks and now there’s another leak seemingly coming from the front passenger side. So I took it back and then they tried to say that I needed a brand new water pump and all hoses that weren’t an issue before.. I am not taking my vehicle back to them . Now it seems to be lea from the front passenger side which is a new spot because the original leak was my crossover under the super charger.. any ideas?

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find an indy shop to go over the entire cooling system or you’re going to be out of a truck pretty soon.

Angelfaced81

Reaction score
Update I have the leak problem resolved, turned out to be water pump was improperly installed. I had it taken off and reinstalled. Would you or anyone happen to know the coolant bleeding procedure?

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update I have the leak problem resolved, turned out to be water pump was improperly installed. I had it taken off and reinstalled. Would you or anyone happen to know the coolant bleeding procedure?
Use a vacuum bleeder or your life is going to be a nightmare bleeding all of the air out.

Angelfaced81

Reaction score
no I don’t have one of those but how long do you think it’ll take maybe an hour? Do I leave off the cap on the expansion tank while bleeding?

M32H32IS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t have a vac bleeder I’d just order one. It’s necessary AF on these.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bled mine easily without a vacuum. I even screwed up the bleeder valve near the battery and had to epoxy it closed. It didn't seem to be any more difficult than any other vehicle I have done. Perhaps I just got lucky?

Heat to max.
Fill tank to max
crack bleeder screws
start and run car.
When coolant starts coming out bleeders then close.
keep adding coolant into reservoir as required. Do not let run dry.

??

Angelfaced81

Reaction score
Will try thank you. I’m at the screw up valve point epoxy is in progress. Will definitely try..
you wouldn’t happen to know what that pipe is called would you?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut