Bolt on swing away tire mount done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How easy would it be to remove? Maybe just the arm and leave the mount behind the bumper? It would kinda suck to have to pull the bumper cover each time.

Reason: Due to the way I have to park in the garage - the back is too tight to be able to swing the tire fully open to access the rear doors - I can put up with the hassle for a couple months of the offroading season, but it would be nice to ditch it during the winter.

Trynian

Reaction score
***Update***

The stop has been completed and is in the procees of being machined. With this stop the carrier will be able to lock in two different positions when opened. The first position will be close to 90 degrees out and the next will be a around 160 degrees. If you had to open the carrier and you were parked on an incline you wont have to worry about the carrier swnging back into the tailgate or around and smash the tail light. There is also a redundant stop after the 160 degree spot , just in case. When the carrier is in the closed position, no matter how hard you slam it will not touch the tailgate.

***UPDATE***

I have the stop back from the shop and am ready to weld it on...I am getting so close now. Once I test this stop I am doing a run of 10 to test the waters. I will let everybody know when I start the run of ten.
2005 LR3 HSE, i-expedition swing away tire carrier, lift rods...
i-expedition.com

Looking good!

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How easy would it be to remove? Maybe just the arm and leave the mount behind the bumper? It would kinda suck to have to pull the bumper cover each time.

Reason: Due to the way I have to park in the garage - the back is too tight to be able to swing the tire fully open to access the rear doors - I can put up with the hassle for a couple months of the offroading season, but it would be nice to ditch it during the winter.

You can remove the arm in less that 2 minutes but would still have the spindle sticking out of the bumper. However you could remove the spindle in another 10 minutes. Very easy.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put me on the list please!! Perfect timing for my new over-sized spare and xmas? ;-)

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I like it. Short on funds right now though.... ugh.

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to add that the shipped price is 750.00 CONUS. I completed the locking stop last night and am no making the final arragements to get them produced....Stay tuned:proud:

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can remove the arm in less that 2 minutes but would still have the spindle sticking out of the bumper. However you could remove the spindle in another 10 minutes. Very easy.

Awesome. PM sent with info to be added to the list.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635