Brake Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 disco... The issue I was having was that the and kept kicking in on its own, and would slow my vehicle down... So when i couldn't find out the problem I was told to take the abs fuse out from under bragging the hood and the abs fuse on the inside of tje cab as well...
Now I had might front brake calipers were leaking, I went ahead and replace the front two calopers cause the seal were of course bad... While trick is on jack stand I accelerate and then brake, but when I break only the front brakes stop.. the backs keep moving...
So... I pit wheels on truck, and drop truck down off of jackstand.. drive it around the block and down the road, and when I brake, pedal goes down almost to floor, but when I release and them press again the second time them the brakes are good... Need some help and ideas..

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the level of brake fluid in the master cylinder

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you replace the pads, and with what? Did you do a full 2 quart DOT for brakes flush? If you only bled the front, you will need to re-bleed both the front and rear calipers until you get CLEAR brake fluid coming out.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Master cylinder is full, didn't use two quarts, but did pump and bleed all four...

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best do it again till you have clear fluid coming from all 4 wheels. Did you bleed the ABS module?

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do all four again until I get clear fluid... What is the corrrect procedure for the abs module..? . Remeber mike, on first post I was having issues with the and kicking in and would always slow me down and stop me.. so I took the and fuse out from under neath the hood and the one inside compartment as well.. so.....
The rave manual doesn't say anything unless I'm missing it.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn out good the lines from abs we bleed, and brakes have been braking good...
But the question I still have is when the truck was on jackstands, with the wheels off, I gave it gas and brakes and only front stop but not back?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go try some hard braking on a dirt road and see if the rears activate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635