Break in ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

Freeflytim

Supposedly each engine is run on a test stand for the equivalent of 500 miles before being dropped into our trucks. (Thanks Jag.) Thats why 'breaking in' is just a small part of the manual and was not addressed upon my delivery.

No matter what you are driving don't go out into the woods by yourself. There is safety in numbers... Have you joined a local Land Rover club?? They are everywhere. I joined one before I even got mine.. They are ones to help you get your feet muddy. Im a member of two clubs and I remember the reaction when I showed up for a trail ride... They didn't want anything to do with me. After the ride... they were all my best friends. They couldn't believe that my stock truck on stock tires went up over and through parts of the trail that other modified Land Rovers had to get winched. Ask your dealer about 'dealer runs' also.

Join a local club and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

goofyMD

thanks tim,
good suggestion about the club. being that I have never gone off roading befor, I definatly need to learn. I'll start with the class at the dealership with their off road track.

mark

T

texas911

I seriously doubt that Land Rover will bench a new engine for the equivelent of 500 miles. That would take days/engine.

D

disco1

I agree with Texas911. Can you imagine the size of the test bench/shed/yard required to house the hundreds/thousands of LR motors being broken in?

F

Freeflytim

Not that I believe everything I read on the internet, but…

I did read this somewhere.... key words of "equivalent of 500 miles" which does not mean 10 hours at 50mph.

Its been a while so I can't remember where I saw it but I remember it coming from a credible media review of the truck.

I know I didn’t dream it because I read it while waiting on my delivery and I thought “Cool! I can haul ass after 500 miles!!”

Hey Goofy- You're in AZ right?
look at this http://www.azlro.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
G

goofyMD

tim,
thanks for the link, looks like they're mostly in tuscon, but I may have to hook up with them.

Mark

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffmac7101