buying a used Land Rover......questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shark49 said:
unless you are ready to possible drop 2 to 5k within a year on the car run away!

why?
My LR Disco - leaks like no ones buisness but runs great - I just keep the levels full

I would ask for any vehical history that they might have.
You may find a non-dealer shop that works on Landy's that may do a check - I found one in my area - (I also have a D1 not D2 - D2 more dealer)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Most leaks on a LR are minor. The biggest leaker is general the PS unit. It only leaks due to cheap clamps, change them for some good ones and the biggest leaker is solved. less than a $1.00

I do agree that if you can get a service history all the better. If you have a LR dealer near by, drive down with the VIN make friends, talk. Ask if they wouldn't mind checking the history for you (most dealers will do this for free) if they have serviced it, then they know what is wrong, ask for a list of issues take back and use to get the price dropped.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635