Buying New Tires - LR3 - Need Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK - I have a 2008 LR3 SE (less than 15K miles) with the 19" HSE rims and I'm doing my research on tires now as I'll be buying in the Spring (March/April). I'd like to hear from the LR peeps about what people are looking at, buying, hating, loving, using, etc. I do off-roading but usually keep it to dirty double track trails with some light over-rocking, creek fording, steep ascent and descents, etc - nothing too knarly.

If you can help me out - here's what I need from you on tires:

Brand you are currently using
Size
Price
Miles on tires
Overall opinion
Tire noise on highway
Place of purchase (website, brick & mortar, etc)
Place of install

Thanks in advance - this will be super helpful not just for me but anybody looking to buy new tires.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you have many options in the 19" wheels. Most people on here seem to go with the 18s, especially if they are off-roading. Anyway, here are your options:

http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=46 (the 19" wheel info is toward the bottom)

There is a ton of information on this board about individual tires.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certainly no need for yet another thread on tires....

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shedward . . . i had the same question and found lotsa good info by using the "search this forum" option on the main LR3 page and entering "tires".

Johnson Rods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 lift kit -

Shedward - If you want bigger tires for off road you can get a 2.5 inch lift with johnson rods for $125. check out johnsonrods.com. They make the best rod mod to help you get bigger tires.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DUDE! search the forum before you post new threads... there's like 40 threads in detail on this subject....

Same goes to all you other lazy thread makers... search first, then ask..

OK - I have a 2008 LR3 SE (less than 15K miles) with the 19" HSE rims and I'm doing my research on tires now as I'll be buying in the Spring (March/April). I'd like to hear from the LR peeps about what people are looking at, buying, hating, loving, using, etc. I do off-roading but usually keep it to dirty double track trails with some light over-rocking, creek fording, steep ascent and descents, etc - nothing too knarly.

If you can help me out - here's what I need from you on tires:

Brand you are currently using
Size
Price
Miles on tires
Overall opinion
Tire noise on highway
Place of purchase (website, brick & mortar, etc)
Place of install

Thanks in advance - this will be super helpful not just for me but anybody looking to buy new tires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4