Cabin Light Stay On -- Doors will not Lock w/Remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimBonner8

Reaction score
When I close the doors the lights stay on for a very long time and the horn blows when I try to lock doors. I have checked all the doors and they are firmly closed. I do not see switches on the frame to indicate that the door is closed. How does the electrical system work for this application. I suspect the driver-side door sensor indicates OPEN because when I try to lock the doors with remote the horn blows which happens when the driver-side door is actually open.

Thanks,
Jim
===
Vehicle: 2001 Disco II
189,000 miles
Head was rebuilt at 130,000

JimBonner8

Reaction score
I did some more digging and discovered this in another forum:

"On a DII there are part of the door latch.
On a DI they are on the door panel on the truck and work like the door switch on your fridge.

Take a spray can of silicon spray and lube all of your door latches and hinges and see if that helps.
That will clean and lube them."

Further exploration of the RAVE manual leads me to believe there is no plunger switch on the DII's. So how does this system work? Mechanically, what completes the circuit in the door latching mechanism?

Besides "cleaning & lubing," what does spraying the latching mechanism on the door with a silicon spray do to make things work again?

Kind of like magic, seems to me.

Jim
===
Vehicle: Black 2001 Disco II SE7
189,000 miles

paabator

Reaction score
I did some more digging and discovered this in another forum:

"On a DII there are part of the door latch.
On a DI they are on the door panel on the truck and work like the door switch on your fridge.

Take a spray can of silicon spray and lube all of your door latches and hinges and see if that helps.
That will clean and lube them."

Further exploration of the RAVE manual leads me to believe there is no plunger switch on the DII's. So how does this system work? Mechanically, what completes the circuit in the door latching mechanism?

Besides "cleaning & lubing," what does spraying the latching mechanism on the door with a silicon spray do to make things work again?

Kind of like magic, seems to me.

Jim
===
Vehicle: Black 2001 Disco II SE7
189,000 miles
good post, thanks for sharing

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members