Can I Disable Tire Pressure Warning Light Somehow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trynian

Reaction score
The check engine light can come on for any number of reasons once a computer threshold is reached - one of the most common but not the only reason is the loose/faulty gas cap. That's why you need the fault codes....

Tue but since he mentioned the reoccurring gas cap warning followed by engine light means it is most likely the evap system or the cap. He will read the codes and it will say one of 2 things either a massive leak or minor leak in the tank pressure which shows up as gas cap fault.

The list of items that can cause those faults are is fairly extensive:
Gas Cap,
Leak in the tank or filer hose.
DMTL pump
Charcoal canister ETC ETC ETC

The last three times this has happened in out LR club it was the DMTL pump.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much is an IIDTool? I can't find pricing and well, to be honest not sure I want to be jacking around with my electronics too much. I was hoping it would be like the hood sensor fix with the paperclip and foil :)

About $400 from Lucky8 (there may be other dealers offering the tool as well.) http://www.lucky8llc.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=7738

IIDTool will also be able to read and clear the stored fault code that caused your CEL to turn on, it may help in pinpointing the culprit. It's got a ton of other useful features, such as the ability to reset the Service Interval Indicator on your own (can't do that without diagnostics on a MY06), to change your suspensions' height and store up to 3 separate height settings, etc.

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The check engine light can come on for any number of reasons once a computer threshold is reached - one of the most common but not the only reason is the loose/faulty gas cap. That's why you need the fault codes....

yeah but my engine light went off...:confused: so not worrying about it anymore lol

and my tank isn't leaking anything... its just the BS sensor acting up, everything is fine i've checked a million times, no leakage

Trynian

Reaction score
yeah but my engine light went off...:confused: so not worrying about it anymore lol

and my tank isn't leaking anything... its just the BS sensor acting up, everything is fine i've checked a million times, no leakage

Many times it is the valve on the DMTL pump sticking and not closing all the way when it does the pressure test that causes the error.

LR13

Reaction score
My check all tyre pressure message keeps coming on and the low pressure warning light goes off and on. I checked all pressures and they are good. What to do on my LR3

Waterski

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place in Alberta that can disable the TPMS (reconfigure the system)?

wyrover

Reaction score
My check all tyre pressure message keeps coming on and the low pressure warning light goes off and on. I checked all pressures and they are good. What to do on my LR3

Our 07' was doing the same thing. The dealer said it was a failing TPMS module that was on it's way out. I used my IIDtool to disable the system.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I specifically asked one of the vendors about disabling the TPMS and they said you can't do it. Maybe they just aren't allowed to say you can?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 07' was doing the same thing. The dealer said it was a failing TPMS module that was on it's way out. I used my IIDtool to disable the system.

For anyone who would rather fix it, the modules in the fender liner are easy to access and simple to replace.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99