Can you identify this electrical part?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Localschauss

Reaction score
Yesterday I wanted to assess my issues with the front blower fan. It needs to be replaced, not really serviceble, I will have to order a new one. I'm that effort you have to remove the passenger kick cover and an access cover below the glove box. As I pulled the cover the piece pictured below fell down on the foot well carpet. I looked for quite some time but could see where a ribbon type cable like this would even be utilized in the car wiring in that area. I came to conclusion that maybe it was something that had called out of the glove box. No immidate codes in the vehicle when I started it afterward but didn't drive it far yet. Any ideas what part this may be and we're it belongs? It looks like a ribbon on one side with a connector on the other.

Attachments

• 20220723_151005.jpg
    20220723_151005.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 47

Localschauss

Reaction score
Well the light turns on, however it's hard to tell if it's actually working. I wonder if it got ripped of when a window was replaced once upon a time and this part slowly found it way down there. I suspect that's not where the windshield get connected.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it looks to be like a ribbon power connector for the windshield. You could pop off the A pillar cover and have a look.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Agreed, that looks like the connector from the windshield, there are 2 of these, one on each side.

You can tell if the windshield is working by using your thermometer "gun" and by just touching the windshield - although you may need to wait until fall or winter depending on your location so it's cool enough before you begin...

Localschauss

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, that makes sense. Rules out that it's soemthing I broke while working on replacing the blower. I suspect it had made it way down there, hopefully from a previous windshield replacement. I'll check out of the windshield is working if not, I will know why.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA