Canoe help me out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking on getting a canoe this summer. I have seen Yakima and Thule "racks" and not sure if the rain gutter towers are high enuff to clear the roof. Anyone running any of these?

Any other options out there or how is your canoe secured?

Pics would be cool too!

thx

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a canoe up there, but I have the tallest Thule gutter feet, and they (barely) allow the crossbar to clear the roof in the back. Less of an issue in the front, of course, on a Disco.

I'm sure Yakima makes mounts that are tall enough too, as I've seen Yakima roof rack baskets on Discos before.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I have looked into this (kayaks myself) They offer the high rise gutter mounts (I believe it was Yakima) They also had the helper pole... slides out of the rack about 3 feet to help with loading...

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet

Thanks Joey & Moose

I did find those earlier (the links). I was just curious if anyone was actually using them. I was looking at the rear of the roof and noticed it was pretty steep (going up) and wasnt sure if those particular towers would make the clearence.

I just wanna make sure before I dish out the dollars. Soo expensive!!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM