Car Audio Problemo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RedRover97

Hello All!

I'm having some trouble installing an aftermarket stereo in my '97 Range Rover 4.0. Would anyone happen to have the wiring layout? I've purchased the 2 correct adapters, now it's just a matter of wiring it. I chose not to splice or cut the original plug off, I'm not a fan of cutting any wires in the car. If it helps, I'm installing a Pioneer DEH-1400. Thanks a lot for any help!

akareh

Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you, however, I was thinking of doing the same, what do you plan to do for the steering wheel controls? can you connect them to the new deck?

C

csanders

I have been installing aftermarket stereos for about 6 years. I must say I had a little trouble installing my aftermarket in my 99 RR. I couldn't find a wiring harness so i had to cut the factory plug and connect each wire one by one. You have an advantage with your two aadapters. All the wires are color coded so just match up the color. Remember that yellow is your constant power. Red is your memory. it stores your radio settings. black is your ground. As long as you dont mix up these wires you should be ok. Anything green,gray,green/white,black/white,black/gray will be your speaker wires. the blue or blue/white wire will be your amp or your remote wire for your amp. Harman Kardon sterio systems are tricky so when you install your radio be sure you bypass your factory amplifire or replace all of your factory speakers. If you dont you will hear a "popping" sound everytime you change the radio station or change tracks on the cd player. If you have never installed a aftermarket radio I reccomend having it installed by professionals

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72