car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

Amir

hey guys...have been away for a bit, glad to be back.

as we all know it snowed quite a bit here in the east coast, my LR3 needs a car wash and i am wondering if there are any precautions that i should consider or maybe have it hand-washed. the undercarriage obviously has some salty mess from the streets and hand wash alone probably won't take care of it. Also, this will be the first wash for the truck and i remember at the time of delivery my dealer had told me that they had put some sort of new color glaze polish before delivery.

any ideas?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 is no different than any car. Whatever you are comfortable with. For me, it's a truck... so I'm far less ****.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah - winter is the only time I tend to use car washes....mainly for the undercarriage wash and the fact that my neighbors give me really wierd looks when I hand wash in the snow. Go figure.

If you don't want any public car wash to touch your car, for whatever reason, you can go to one of the touchless car washes...they suck IMO, but you can at least drive through the undercarriage wash spray which is good. Or throw a couple quarters in a self wash, get down on your knees and spray it yourself.

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
toddjb122 said:
Yeah - winter is the only time I tend to use car washes....mainly for the undercarriage wash and the fact that my neighbors give me really wierd looks when I hand wash in the snow. Go figure.

I have learned to put up with those weird looks and my wife has learned to put up with me running a hose out the basement window and using all the hot water.

BTW those touchless washes are only good for the undercarriage as then tend to strip off sealants or waxes that you have applied to protect your paint

X

xcursion

If you are **** like me, I refuse to put my cars through any type of machine wash. I believe in old fashion handwash with a good wax. As for the undercarrige, I would do the same. As for the color glaze polish, I don't think it will have any difference with the wash.

A

Amir

thanks, guys. i guess, i will go for the car wash in winter only, only because of undercarriage, and in the summer i will wash it myself.

my truck goes to the dealer on tuesday for check on a few things, mainly allignment (truck pulls to the right) and also occasional knocking noise going over small bumps/potholes...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9