CarPlay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can a 2017 HSE with Incontrol touch pro get the software update to run CarPlay?

Steveala

Reaction score
Yes indeed, so did I. It was a surprise and unexpected, but works great!

Heiker

Reaction score
All L462 with Touch Pro system and connectivity package (SIM card slot) are getting CarPlay and Android Auto for free. If still any of you do not have it, please ask your dealer for the software update to the latest (currently it is S21A.10....., so it is basically 2 months old). On top you will get software-over-the-air updates, so you do not need to visit dealer to get latest Touch Pro, but if your car is connected to the Internet (WiFi or Mobile network), you will be notified about new software available to be downloaded and installed

LUIZ C LABA

Reaction score
Can a 2017 HSE with Incontrol touch pro get the software update to run CarPlay?
Hello there,
You can actually request the dealer to update your software FOR FREE.
I have done on mine and now I have CarPlay and Android Auto.
Cheers
Luiz

nmyeti

Reaction score
I've been using CarPlay for quite some time in my 2017 HSE Lux that we picked up used back in March. Generally happy with the experience. However, this weekend I tried using it while the battery on my iPhone 12 Pro Max was low. The experience was miserable. The device kept connecting and disconnecting from CarPlay every few seconds. The charging icon on the phone was flipping on and off as the phone would connect/disconnect. Charging the phone overnight and then trying again in the morning with a mostly fresh battery, all was well. My conclusion is that the USB chargers in the car are not able to keep up with the power demanded by the phone while also carrying on a CarPlay connection. Anyone else experience this?

Skyneedle

Reaction score
Yes same experience. I think the factory usb interfaces don’t kit out the amps necessary to deliver a charge when very low and run CarPlay at the same time. Shame really.

Troutpath

Reaction score
I updated my 2017 HSE over my home network. After the fist upgrade CarPlay worked but Waze didn’t have audio. It took 2 different upgrades 4 months apart and now CarPlay and Waze both work fine with Waze audio. I haven’t noticed any charging issues with an iPhone 10.

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I updated my 2017 HSE over my home network. After the fist upgrade CarPlay worked but Waze didn’t have audio. It took 2 different upgrades 4 months apart and now CarPlay and Waze both work fine with Waze audio. I haven’t noticed any charging issues with an iPhone 10.
EDIT: answered my question a bit further up in the thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA