CB Radio Antenna Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beltwaybandit

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation on a location for mounting and running a CB antenna wire into the chassis?

I've seen some posts on the internet showing a hood mount and apparently they ran the wire through the firewall on the driver side left bundle. I scoped that out this afternoon and I have to admit, that disturbing the wire bundle and the tape job doesn't thrill me. I'm looking for alternate locations to run the antenna wire into the cab.

Thoughts?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wire does not go through the wire bundle, there is an empty grommet. I managed to fish in coax without going through that grommet, I went under and around the windshield molding..

http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-003639

The best place to mount it really is the roof performance wise, but it is not practical at all.

beltwaybandit

Reaction score
Photo of empty Grommet

Any chance you can upload a photo of this empty grommet or describe where it is in reference to the bundle? Also any pics of how you ran your wire?

Thanks!

BWB

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them posted, but blocked on this site, drop me a pm with your e-mail and I'll send you the link to the pictures.

It's on the right side, just below to the right and behind the brake booster. It's a pain to access but it can be done. I can take a picture of the cable run bypassing all that as well if you do hood mount. There is also a picture of a hood mount there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99