Challenges in Mexico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

cabomorgan

I just bought a 2002 HSE and at first was overly impressed with the vehicle. The 4 wheeling here in the Baja is exceptional. after a month of bliss I experienced a EAS failure. after reading about this as a common experience and finding little to no help with dealers (closest US daler 1000 miles away) I decided to change over to the spring conversion. After the change over I was back on the road (3 monthes) I then experienced a remote key battery failure. Hard to believe the security system would not allow a manual unlocking and starting of the vehicle. I luckily replaced the batteries (manual states see your retailer for batteries) but found the remote key still not operating. Manual states see your retailer for resychronizing. Wow is this the same vehicle that claims to be a world traveler. After finding this forum I was able to synchronize the remote by pressing the lock button while manually locking the door and then pressing the unlock on the remote while manually unlocking for another 5 seconds. The side lights blinked three times on each step. after several attempts all locks unlocked and I was again on the road. It appears the electrical system is over developed and overwhelmingly unreliable. A bit scared to take it off road again.

Thanks for the info your forum saved me a huge problem

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad we could help... and welcome to the board.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635