changed my radiator and now transmission want work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keith98rover

Reaction score
It sounds crazy but, I was working to get my 98 RR 4.6 HSE back on the road and put in a radiator in. After completing this project I went to start my Bab y up and things went great until I put it in gear and nothing happened. It moves but it will not lock in. I did disconnect the battery and thought this might be a security action. It has been converted to springs instead of the air lift could and their was an oil substance leak that was played off as nothing during the process but I can't find any loose hoses. I know it was shifting fine before the radiator went out and it did get hot. I have electrical problems and will address need to get her running to fix the rest. Please help me figure out this issue

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... More of a tech question than an Intro.... but hope this helps. Did you check to see how much fluid is in the transmission after the swap? you probably lost at least 2 quarts of transmission fluid during this work. That much of a loss will cause the transmission to not work properly.

Ringo

Reaction score
The transmission cooler is in front of the radiator. The diagram (Rave 26-1) shows both the oil and transmission coolers are in front of the radiator. On my 2000 HSE they are next to the AC condenser outside of the engine compartment. Perhaps during your installation a hose coupling was loosened or a slight movement of the lines finished what corrosion had started.

If the oil spill you had was red or reddish in color then that's the prime suspect of why your transmission isn't working properly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635