Cheapest way to replace lost key fob?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dochummer

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but for anyone interested in the topic in the future. I bought a blank key from a dealership in michigan for just over $200. I had my local honda dealership cut the key for me (they actually cut 2 blanks and I keep one under the vehicle in case I lose the fob and need to access the vehicle for towing). I was the first one to use the IIDTool to program the key to my vehicle with GAP Diagnostic's help. It's worked fine for the past 3 years until my son lost the key yesterday. Now I have to go out and find another key and go through the same process...

so, you can add me to the list of people that have been able to get it to work...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back when I went through this I could not find ANY locksmith in the Seattle area that could cut the key. I have an extra, in a drawer in my garage. I would be smart to have it stowed somewhere on the outside of the vehicle, for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72