Classic Air Cond. compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Craig

The air conditioning on my '89 Classic doesn't work and hasn't since purchase. The system is gassed up with no leaks, but it appears that the clutch isn't engaging on the compressor.
I can get the compressor parts here from various refrigeration units to rebuild, but I'd prefer to change the entire compressor and clutch.
I'm based in the British ****** Islands so I'd have to have the part shipped to here. www.partsamerica quote $350 for a replacement. Any other ideas?
Whilst I'm at it, the seal kit I fitted to the power steering box is holding, but I know it's only a short term fix and I'd like to replace the box completely. Any ideas where I may source this, the big problem is the vehicle is right hand drive. I can get these parts sent from the UK, just wondering if there was somewhere better value closer to here!
Thanks.

D

discomike

Have you checked to make sure you have power to the A/C clutch when on the on position?
Mike J.

C

Craig

Yes it has power. The compensator that ups the engine revs kicks in too.

D

discomike

If you have power to the clutch and it is nor engaging sound like the clutch is fried.
Have you tried turning the clutch plate on the front of the clutch that attaches to the compressor shaft, does it turn?
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM