Code readers and diagnostic tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwizum

Reaction score
I've found a few threads but nothing super comprehensive. I'm interested to hear about experiences with different LR specific diagnostic tools. It seems that the I'd from gap diagnostics is mentioned by default but it's also the most expensive at more than $500 for the Bluetooth version.

How does it compare to the Hawkeye tool or the iLAND tool?

I'm looking for basic diagnostics but would also like ability to change programming, ie suspension, lighting, program keys, etc. My newness to rovers combined with the overwhelming list of features on the product websites has left me confused about what the actual differences are. Has anyone compared the different tools?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iLand is new. I think AB just started offering it a few months ago. Seems to replicate a lot of what the GAP tool does, but I'm not sure if it does all the same stuff. I believe Hawkeye just reads codes but doesn't make changes?

I have the GAP tool. It's been around for years and it's what most people have.

dwizum

Reaction score
I sent AB an email asking for some clarification around specific functions. I'll report back when they respond. I would love to hear from some real world users.

dwizum

Reaction score
The iLand tool can read and reset problem codes, read settings (ie DRLs) but not change them, can't do new keys. According to an email response from AB. Doesn't sound as useful as the gap tool.
I am surprised given the marketing material on the website makes it sound all powerful.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72