Coding - Switch Off Alerts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoverland

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if it's possible through coding (I guess IID Tool, I've never used this before) to switch off some of the alerts (ie. bings/bongs)?

Some of these make no sense to me and are just annoying, such as the "Bongs" which sound when you open the driver's door with the engine running as well.

I know in the BMW world it's possible to do this, but I'm not aware if it's an option for Land Rovers.

Ideally I'd also like to disable the auto engine stop start so that it's off by default.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I was able to disable my seatbelt alarm for my 2013. Let me try and look it up. It was some weird combo of fasten / unfasten seatbelt so many times while the ignition was on without engine running or something to that effect.

They only way to disable the auto stop / start to my knowledge is to disconnect the secondary battery (used for the stop / start system).

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To disable the seatbelt chime:

1. Turn on ignition switch, IE in my case, push the on button, but don't start the car.
2. Quickly fasten and unfasten the driver seat belt 10 times in succession.

Enjoy the silence. Oh and wear your seat belt when appropriate.

You will still get the seatbelt icon on the dash, but it will extinguish itself after ~30seconds.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or simply wear your seatbelt all the time...

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or simply wear your seatbelt all the time...

Na, annoying as fck when you are trying to position the truck in certain circumstances getting in / out of the vehicle. I always wear it for journeys from point A to B.

swoverland

Reaction score
To disable the seatbelt chime:

1. Turn on ignition switch, IE in my case, push the on button, but don't start the car.
2. Quickly fasten and unfasten the driver seat belt 10 times in succession.

Enjoy the silence. Oh and wear your seat belt when appropriate.

You will still get the seatbelt icon on the dash, but it will extinguish itself after ~30seconds.

I can confirm that this works perfectly! Thanks so much Surfrider77, you've saved the earth from many a curse word ;)

And just to add, I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt and put it on automatically out of habit, but when off roading and jumping in and out of the car a lot down dirt roads, it's extremely annoying, to the point where I have fastened the seatbelt and sat over it on occasions.

Thanks again!

Now I'd just like to do something about the other chimes like the one that completely uselessly tells me that I've opened the door and still have the engine running.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM