coil pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

disc03

Reaction score
does anybody knows the life the a coil pack?mileage wise..

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
5 miles to 400k miles.... I have seen over 350k miles on a coil pack, so it is hard to say (and yes this was a 96 D1 with 350k on it)

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you ask, are you having a problem, how about fault codes?

disc03

Reaction score
thanks again joey and disco mike for the reply regarding the coil pack question.i was just wondering,because the coil pack is expensive.they go for $300. @ british atlantic and for sure it's a few dollars more @ the dealer.my co-worker replaced his pontiac firebird for $20.00-$30.00 you guys know cars bumper to bumper.again thank joey and disco mike.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow those coil pack prices as I just tossed inside the Pick N Pull donors three sets off three different 96 and 97 Discos I ripped apart I was after the heads only. One place I could of had two sets of coil packs for free knowing the Pick N Pull person as a friend but had no use for them. From what i've read over the years with them taking a dump i'm glad I have a 95 OB1 having a dizzy, a lot cheaper with only a couple vacuum advance units to replace. These come from Oz. way better than those over priced POS that Rover sells. I can deal with a couple unit failures the past 15 years plus a spare dizzy in storage only paid $17.50 for it.
For your coil packs try Autohasaz check their prices as many are OEM and 1/4 deales prices. I would of known I would of taken two complete sets and gave them away shipping would be your cost.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually you can buy new coil packs from Rover Connection for $200, it is the labor, either $'s or time to tear down the manifold to replace them, that is a pain.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually you can buy new coil packs from Rover Connection for $200, it is the labor, either $'s or time to tear down the manifold to replace them, that is a pain.

I just got back from the wrecking yard was told another Rover came in. They were charging $15 each coil if I wanted one. The other yard those I tossed inside the vehicle they were gone. Seems others have this problem it must be common. I would take a meter and read them if I needed a replacement, this is way cheaper than even $200. What a bear to get to them, nice thinking on the location by Rover especially when they do fail.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72