Compressor noise from Sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After thinking about the compressor noise when you take off the factory cover and put on the sliders, I wondered what folks think about squirting some thermal-insulation foam between the slider and the compressor. The compresor seems pretty self-contained and sealed, but I've never had one off and don't know what the part you can't see looks like.

Just a thought, the noise isn't terrible, but it could be quieter.

David

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I craked my cover it is LOUD you could do a lil insulation to shut it up a bit

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason we remove the cover from the air compressor is because it was added "purely as a sound insulation device and has no performance utility whatsoever" according to Rover. The compressor they use is a quality compressor with little noise. The slight noise it makes doesn't botter us but if you opt to insulate it, make sure that water and debris/mud can clear itself from around the compressor....don't let the insulation get too close. Either completely seal in the compressor or completely don't. You don't want it sitting in a soggy pool of muddy grime.

Our two cents :)

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was why I was thinking about encasing it in spray foam insulation. The stuff is pretty much impervious to moisture, but still has some resiliancy. It sounds like Off Roving doesn't like the idea of putting a dynamat between the compressor and the slider?

David

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no, please, do what works for you. I'll back you up on any silencing I just want to make sure you don't burn up your compressor. Just looking out for our customer's interests :proud:

Trynian

Reaction score
I installed my sliders from reover specialties this weekend and yes the comporessor was louder then I cared for.

My fix was to take the fitted foam out of the plastic cover and seal it to the top cover with duck tape then reinstall the sliders. The noise is back to as it was.

I will let you know how it holds up but so far I am pleased with the results.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635