Coolant/GUrgling/Sealed up-HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RDISCOVERY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok.. my story begins...Heard a loud gurgling noise from the hood, opened up where i place coolant in, then that pressure caused for the coollant to come spilling out...check hoses, all good & saw a little hole between the fan and the radiator unsure if was supposed to be there or what, anyone know what pece this is? looks all grimy and dirty. went to napa auto, told me to buy Aluminum leak stop for radiator, pour in, let it idle for 25-35mins.. I did meanwhile it was going crazy with noise, at 15mins.. it was quieting down.. guess the sealer was kicking in, now noise has stopped completly ( i know this is just a temp fix) Drove, and hood is SMOKING!! ICould this be caused by the coolant which was spraying out everywhere making the engine smoke... ? Srrry dont know much about cars, learning everytime i have an issue, just replaced my fuel pump assembly last week! Sorry had to vent cost me 900! Any advise ?? Or more info for me?

Thanks for your time,
RACHEL

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch on the fuel pump cost.... someone took you to the cleaners.

Gurgling sounds normally mean low coolant... when you say a hole between the fan and the radiator, I will assume (I hate using that word) that you mean you had a stream of water coming out of the radiator....

I never recommend any kind of radiator stop leak on a Land Rover... the need all the cooling they can get to keep running happy.

If you have a radiator leak, buy a new radiator... not cheap, but if you look around you can get a good deal. I will do some searching for you when I get home tomorrow, I have to drive up to Ohio and take my Mom to the Doctor....

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
radiator

A good place to look is www.radiator.com or 1-800-598-5504 for a disco cost is around $99.00 to $250.00. The radiator that I replaced in my Range Rover Classic was from here and I only spent $140.00 for a new aftermarket. Plus a good warrenty. Sorry about the fuel pump cost........

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang, 97rover that is one heck of a deal on a Land Rover Radiator... how was the quality?

Normal cost is over $500, I have seen them as cheap as $300 IIRC, but I was planning on a custom built unit for around $375....

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
raditator

Not to sure on the quality for a Range Rover, still works only had it in for 3 months but in the Jeep that was replaced for the Landrover disco did real well. I owned the Jeep xj for 6 years and replaced the radiator in it only after having it 6 months. For the Jeep it did really well and for the jeep radiator it cost me $75.00. In the Range Rover I won't really know for at least a year. I do know that it holds up to the pressure and stands up to the abuse I give it so far

Last edited:

chizel

Reaction score
tried ebay? that is a very good source of car parts, when im about to order parts with high quality and brand new, ebay is my place for parts. try to look for land rover radiator that will perfectly match with your LR. good luck. :)

meyersd

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok.. my story begins...Heard a loud gurgling noise from the hood, opened up where i place coolant in, then that pressure caused for the coollant to come spilling out...check hoses, all good & saw a little hole between the fan and the radiator unsure if was supposed to be there or what, anyone know what pece this is? looks all grimy and dirty. went to napa auto, told me to buy Aluminum leak stop for radiator, pour in, let it idle for 25-35mins.. I did meanwhile it was going crazy with noise, at 15mins.. it was quieting down.. guess the sealer was kicking in, now noise has stopped completly ( i know this is just a temp fix) Drove, and hood is SMOKING!! ICould this be caused by the coolant which was spraying out everywhere making the engine smoke... ? Srrry dont know much about cars, learning everytime i have an issue, just replaced my fuel pump assembly last week! Sorry had to vent cost me 900! Any advise ?? Or more info for me?

Thanks for your time,
RACHEL

Although I'm not a big stop leak fan (I used to be) it sounds like you have too much air in your cooling system. Do a search on here regarding burping the coolant system. You don't want to continue to overheat your aluminum enigine, otherwise you will have big problems in the future. Personally, I would get the old radiator out, and put a new one in. Not cheap, but at least you knwo you aon't have the same problem again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635