Cooper Zeon LTZ Off-Road tires on Stock 19" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on your tips, I put a set on as well about a month ago - love them. They are a little hard to come by, but worth it. It's too bad there isn't more of a selection on 19" rims, but these will do.

They are well balanced and you get used to the hum....they let you know you have a more proper tire on the Disco.
Hey Longhorn,

I love the Cooper LTZs - have about 8,000 miles on my truck and several off-road excursions. I bought five (5) tires (one spare) from Treaddepot - as well as the insurance. This is the best place / price / customer service to get these tires!

http://www.treaddepot.com/group/zltz.html

Regards, David

flippenmh

Reaction score
Had 2 sets of Scorpion ATR's, just ordered LTZ's

I just ordered a set of the 19 inch LTZ's from Discount Tire. They gave me a mileage credit on my Scorpion ATR's and a free tire for one that my wife stuck a bolt through somehow. Driveout price was $750 installed so that's pretty hot. It was my second set of ATR's from Pirelli and so I can give a good comparison once we install the Cooper's. I will say that although the Pirelli's are quiet, soft, and handle well, they are not capable of handling my wife and 4 children. Over the course of two sets of tires, she has had at least 10 punctures. We live on the edge of a small town so no big city construction junk all the time. However, if there is a nail, screw, bolt, bone, toy, or anything else, those Pirelli's will find it and eat it. I also think the wet weather traction on the Pirelli's was not as good as the Michelin Synchrone's I had before or the terrible factory Good Years. We have driven this thing through some storms and used all 3 lanes against our will with the scorpions. Because of that, I couldn't resist ordering the Coopers when I saw that tread design. I will let you know how quiet they really are. Should be in tomorrow.

Also, the guy who keeps pumping treaddepot is starting to sound like a salesman. He's losing credibility in my book - a sad thing because I like his other comments.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of the 19 inch LTZ's from Discount Tire. They gave me a mileage credit on my Scorpion ATR's and a free tire for one that my wife stuck a bolt through somehow. Driveout price was $750 installed so that's pretty hot. It was my second set of ATR's from Pirelli and so I can give a good comparison once we install the Cooper's. I will say that although the Pirelli's are quiet, soft, and handle well, they are not capable of handling my wife and 4 children. Over the course of two sets of tires, she has had at least 10 punctures. We live on the edge of a small town so no big city construction junk all the time. However, if there is a nail, screw, bolt, bone, toy, or anything else, those Pirelli's will find it and eat it. I also think the wet weather traction on the Pirelli's was not as good as the Michelin Synchrone's I had before or the terrible factory Good Years. We have driven this thing through some storms and used all 3 lanes against our will with the scorpions. Because of that, I couldn't resist ordering the Coopers when I saw that tread design. I will let you know how quiet they really are. Should be in tomorrow.

Also, the guy who keeps pumping treaddepot is starting to sound like a salesman. He's losing credibility in my book - a sad thing because I like his other comments.
That treaddepot guy is me and I am not a salesman - far from it. Though, right now with my busy work life I would love that type of job.

I just posted it, because at the time, I could not find them on discount tire. Trust me, I like your deal better!

So, to everyone I steared wrong with treaddepot - go to Discount Tire - it's a much better deal it sounds like. My apologies for my salesman-like text.

Don't be a hater buddy.

Last edited:

LRwhat

Reaction score

WOW, now that's a sharp stab! I guess this is my chance to say thank you David for your help and reviews of the cooper tire! Your traiddepot link saved me a few hundred. I picked up a set of these tires from discount for about the same price with no trade in because they price matched traiddepot and I was given a prepaid visa promotion on top of it! So again, thank you David!

Over the weekend I took My rover off road again. Having lost any hope of having a good off road SUV, these tires regained my confidence. I went through things my old Nissan frontier pro-4x would not have, all without scraping and minimal wheel spin! Through the thick mud the tires did a great job of "cleaning" themselves, and they pulled me up some steep rock faces! Great tire so far...

Brian

LR34

Reaction score
That treaddepot guy is me

I appreciated the TD tip as well. I am still looking at tires and tirerack and discount tire direct (don't have LTZ on website) have a very limited selection in 255-55-19 (not that there are many choices in the first place). I also llike the tiresbyweb site that someone else mentions (they carry Nokian and Vredestein).

Thanks.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone.

I think it's important to keep all of us up to date about good deals on these tires.

-David

flippenmh

Reaction score
Now that I read it, my comment does sound harsh. My apologies on that. I actually really appreciated your review and it's what made me seriously consider this tire - so thanks for the detail. I read the whole thread and it just seemed like every comment was followed by tread depot and since I don't know you guys, I honestly thought you might be a poser salesman who was just pumping the treaddepot site. I have seen that before on other random forums. Just letting you know for future; no cruelty was intended. I really did appreciate the review.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I read it, my comment does sound harsh. My apologies on that. I actually really appreciated your review and it's what made me seriously consider this tire - so thanks for the detail. I read the whole thread and it just seemed like every comment was followed by tread depot and since I don't know you guys, I honestly thought you might be a poser salesman who was just pumping the treaddepot site. I have seen that before on other random forums. Just letting you know for future; no cruelty was intended. I really did appreciate the review.
Hey there,

No worries at all buddy, thanks for the reply. You were fine and I can see how you may have thought I was a salesman. I definitely appreciate learning more about other sources, as I bought the tire when they first starting making them in the 255/55/R19 size and had very limited options.

We are all good! :) I am glad you like the tire - it's really a great option considering our very limited 19" wheel options.

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9