Costco Mobil 0w20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JLR specified 0W-20 viscosity to meet ever-tightening government fuel economy regs. If you don't have to shoo penguins away from your LR4 before starting it, there's no need to use 0W-20. Otherwise there's little if any benefit besides a ±0.13% improvement in fuel economy.

5W-20 is fine, if you want to know more, search the forum for the older threads which have beat this topic to death repeatedly.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JLR specified 0W-20 viscosity to meet ever-tightening government fuel economy regs. If you don't have to shoo penguins away from your LR4 before starting it, there's no need to use 0W-20. Otherwise there's little if any benefit besides a ±0.13% improvement in fuel economy.

5W-20 is fine, if you want to know more, search the forum for the older threads which have beat this topic to death repeatedly.
haha much more articulate than me!

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to add... Never buy it at Costco for that price. It is usually on sale every few weeks for $27.99 / case. I checked today since I am due for a change and the prince is back down on Mobile 1.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi